We are a strategic design and marketing agency that turns everyday businesses into distinctive and compelling brands. Our main specialisms are brand strategy & implementation, website design & development, and marketing delivery.
Our team of 15 is made up of web developers, a web designer, account managers, digital marketers and a Head of Creative and Head of Strategy. Due to the increased demand in our core services and ongoing support of client websites, we are embarking on an ambitious growth plan and currently seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team.
Our studio is based in rural Hartest (near Bury St Edmunds) and, in normal circumstances, our team would split the week by working there and from home. However, due to Covid-19, we’re currently all working from home full-time and expect to continue doing so for a while longer.
A project manager is responsible for planning and overseeing digital projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget. Project managers plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep both clients and team members informed the entire way.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager that is detail-oriented and has excellent communication skills. Your role will involve managing the design and build of new projects, primarily websites. In addition, you should excel at working within a team. Teamwork and collaboration is a vital aspect at Fellowship and an important part of our culture.
- Full-time position (36.5 hours per week)
- You can work from anywhere within the East of England, although you must be willing to travel to our studio when required
- Salary depending on experience
- Play a lead role in project scoping sessions to determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Proactively support the design and development team in leading internal briefing meetings on project kick-off.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Keep accurate logs of additional work and create job numbers accordingly.
- Keep accurate logs of 3rd party costs such as website plugins/extensions, hosting fees, stock photos, etc.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects.
- Manage work requests from clients and brief team members on the tasks required to complete projects.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to clients and team members.
- Be self-sufficient in managing and organising your own time and workload.
- Act as scrum master in daily project scrums and fortnightly sprint reviews.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about progress, issues and obstacles.
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Identify and resolve internal and/or client risks as and when they arise and seek support from our Head of Client Services if they cannot be resolved.
- Ensure all agreed deadlines and client expectations are met, and where this is not possible, highlight immediately to our Head of Client Services.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Review deliverables across projects and implement quality assurance procedures to ensure optimal attention to detail.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure all clients are satisfied with their experience and output through regular contact.
- Maintain the commercial viability of the company by working with the team members to ensure the projects you manage are run efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as a key participant in team and client meetings.
- Assist with forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, and utilisation across projects.
- Possess a thorough understanding of our service offerings and technical direction.
- Identify areas for internal improvement and assist with developing plans for implementation.
- Support our Head of Client Services and/or the Director on pitches and tenders.
What we’re looking for
- At least two years’ experience in project management, ideally in managing website projects.
- Experience in the agile (or wagile) methodology based on sprints, daily scrums / stand-ups and sprint reviews.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- A passion to continually exceed client expectations.
- A desire for continual learning and improvement.
- A team player.
- An ambition to be the best you can be.
Any of the following would be beneficial
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience of using Zoho Projects.
- 33 days annual leave, including public holidays
- Extended Christmas break
- Flexible working options – working hours and location
- Paid overtime
- Annual Christmas bonus
- Company profit-sharing scheme
- Pension (Government NEST scheme)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eastern Savings & Loan savings scheme
- Access to online learning platforms
To apply, email us at email@example.com. Please attach your CV if you can. We’ll be interviewing candidates remotely by Google Meet, rather than face-to-face at our studio.
No recruitment agencies, please.