We are a strategic design and marketing agency that turns everyday businesses into distinctive and compelling brands. Our main specialisms are brand strategy & implementation, website design & development, and marketing delivery.
Our current team is 17 strong and is made up of strategists, designers, account & project managers, digital marketing experts and web developers. Due to the increased demand in our core services and ongoing support of client websites, we are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team.
Our team are all still working from home, but we’re planning to move to new premises later this year. When we move in, the majority of our team will adopt the hybrid model – working some days from home and some from the studio. However, we offer fully flexible working so are happy to allow staff to work from home full-time, as long as we all get together occassionally.
A project manager is responsible for planning and overseeing digital projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget. Project managers plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep both clients and team members informed the entire way.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager that is detail-oriented and has excellent communication skills. Your role will involve managing the design and build of new projects, primarily websites. In addition, you should excel at working within a team. Teamwork and collaboration is a vital aspect at Fellowship and an important part of our culture.
- Full-time position (36.5 hours per week).
- Salary depending on experience.
- Play a lead role in project scoping sessions to determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Proactively support the design and development team in leading internal briefing meetings on project kick-off.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Keep accurate logs of additional work and create job numbers accordingly.
- Keep accurate logs of 3rd party costs such as website plugins/extensions, hosting fees, stock photos, etc.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects.
- Manage work requests from clients and brief team members on the tasks required to complete projects.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to clients and team members.
- Be self-sufficient in managing and organising your own time and workload.
- Act as scrum master in daily project scrums and fortnightly sprint reviews.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about progress, issues and obstacles.
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Identify and resolve internal and/or client risks as and when they arise and seek support from our Head of Client Services if they cannot be resolved.
- Ensure all agreed deadlines and client expectations are met, and where this is not possible, highlight immediately to our Head of Client Services.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Review deliverables across projects and implement quality assurance procedures to ensure optimal attention to detail.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure all clients are satisfied with their experience and output through regular contact.
- Maintain the commercial viability of the company by working with the team members to ensure the projects you manage are run efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as a key participant in team and client meetings.
- Assist with forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, and utilisation across projects.
- Possess a thorough understanding of our service offerings and technical direction.
- Identify areas for internal improvement and assist with developing plans for implementation.
- Support our Head of Client Services and/or the Director on pitches and tenders.
What we’re looking for
- At least two years’ experience in project management, ideally in managing website projects.
- Experience in the agile (or wagile) methodology based on sprints, daily scrums / stand-ups and sprint reviews.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- A passion to continually exceed client expectations.
- A desire for continual learning and improvement.
- A team player.
- An ambition to be the best you can be.
Any of the following would be beneficial
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience of using Zoho Projects.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday as standard (including public holidays)
- Work from anywhere policy
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- Annual Christmas bonus
- Extra days off at Christmas
- Company pension scheme
- A range of employee benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company savings scheme
- Constant career progression and dedicated training & development plans
- Regular company social events
- Volunteer time
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your CV if you can. We’ll be interviewing candidates remotely by Google Meet, rather than face-to-face at our studio.
No recruitment agencies, please.